Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct
Seller code of conduct
Fashood enables you to reach hundreds of millions of customers. We strive to ensure a fair and trustworthy buyer and seller experience. At Fashood , we expect you to adhere to the code of conduct principles outlined below. Violation of the code of conduct principles may result in the loss of your selling privileges and removal from Fashood Marketplace.
Seller Code of Conduct Principles:
- Adhere to all applicable laws and abide by all Fashood policies.
- Maintain current account information.
- Never misrepresent yourself.
- Product Price manipulation.
- Always act in a manner that ensures a trustworthy experience for Fashood customers.
- Never list products that may cause harm to Fashood customers.
- Do not list products that is unauthenticated.
- Never engage in any misleading, inappropriate or offensive behavior. This applies to all your activities, including but not limited to:
- Information provided on your account
- Information provided in listings, content or images
- Communication between you and Fashood or you and our customers
- Do not mislead customers by Product image/details Manipulation
- Act fairly at all times. Unfair behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- Behavior that could be deemed as manipulation or “gaming” of any part of the buying or selling experience
- Actions that could be perceived as manipulating customer reviews, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content
- Activities that could be perceived as attempting to manipulate Fashood ‘s search results or sales rankings
- Actions that intentionally damage another seller, their listings or their ratings
Category, product, and listing restrictions
Certain products cannot be listed or sold on Fashood. Some products may not be listed as a matter of compliance with legal or regulatory restrictions (for example, illegal drugs) or per Fashood policy (for example, crime scene photos). For more information and examples, please see Restricted Products and Listings Restrictions.
For some product categories, sellers may not create product listings without prior approval from Fashood. In addition, sellers may be required to obtain additional approval to list certain products in certain categories. See the Categories and products requiring approval page for more information.
Fashood’s policies also prohibit specific types of product content.
As a seller or advertiser on Fashood, it is your responsibility to comply with all laws and regulations and with Fashood policies when listing and describing your products. We provide the following material for informational purposes only, and it is not intended as legal advice. We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel if you have questions about the laws and regulations concerning your listings.
Consequences for violations
Violations of Fashood’s listing policies may result in actions such as:
- Cancellation of listings
- Limits on listing privileges
- Suspension of listing privileges
- Removal of listing privileges
Fashood reserves the right to make judgments in its sole discretion about whether or not a listing is appropriate.
Product detail page rules
Customers will first learn about your offers on a product detail page. The policies below ensure each product detail page covers a single unique item. This helps give customers a clear and consistent buying experience.
Policies for writing listings
- Comply with the relevant style guide for the product you’re listing. You can find general rules that apply to all products in the Fashood Services Quick Start Style Guide. Some types of product have extra style guidelines. You can find the full set in the Templates for Specific Categories.
- None of the following are allowed in product detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, or images:
- Pornographic, obscene, or offensive content.
- Phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, or website URLs.
- Details of availability, price, or condition.
- Links to other websites for placing orders, or alternative shipping offers, such as free shipping.
- Spoilers on Books, Music, and Video or DVD (BMVD) listings. This includes giving away plot details crucial to the suspense or surprise ending of a story.
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Requests for positive customer reviews.
- Adverts, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information, such as dates of tours, seminars, or lectures.
- Product titles must not have more than 200 characters, including spaces. This upper limit applies to all categories. Some categories might have a limit of even fewer characters. See the Templates for Specific Categories for details.
- Comply with Fashood listing standards for any product sold on Fashood . Failure to do so creates a negative customer experience and may result in your selling privileges being temporarily or permanently removed. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- All products must be accurately categorized. To learn more about classifying your products correctly, see our help pages on Product Classifier and Browse Tree Guide.
- Product titles, product descriptions, and bullets must be clearly written and help customers understand the product.
- Product images must meet Fashood image standards, as well as any category-specific image guidelines. To learn more, see the Product image requirements.
Policies for adding detail pages
- You must not use Add a Product, inventory files, and Fashood Marketplace APIs for any purpose other than listing products on Fashood .
- You must not use false product identification information in product detail pages. This includesUPC codes and publication dates.
- You must not create a product detail page for a product already in Fashood ‘s catalog.
- You must not use product detail pages to cross-merchandise or cross-promote a product.
- For Books, Music, Videos, and DVDs (BMVD), you must not use a single product detail page to advertise more than one product. BMVD-only product bundles must be defined by the publisher or manufacturer and have a single ISBN, UPC, or EAN that is different from the product identifier of any single item in the bundle.
- Detail pages must not contain Restricted Products.
- All products listed on Fashood must meet North America product safety standards. Learn more about Choking Hazard Warning Requirements (CPSIA).
- You must not use an existing listing for a new version of a product. This includes changes in color, size, material, features, and product name. Instead, create a new product detail page for each new version. For example, a manufacturer updates its streaming media player by adding a new remote control with four buttons instead of two. This is materially different from the older version. It must be listed as a new ASIN.